You have your date, you’ve narrowed down your venue choices to your favorite haunts, and now you actually have to sit down with them and hash out ALL the details. Le sigh.
We know how high the stakes can be, so we created this huge, comprehensive list of all the questions you’ll want to have on hand to make your final venue choice. It looks daunting, but it’ll be a major load off when you know you’re coming prepared to check out wedding venues.
- Is our date available?
- How many other weddings will be booked that day?
- Is the venue available for exclusive use?
- What is the seating arrangement?
- How many guests does the venue hold?
- Is there a space for a cocktail hour?
- What type of tables do you have (shape, size)?
- How long do we have at the venue? How much are additional hours?
- Is the site handicap accessible?
- Is parking and/or valet parking available?
- How many parking spots are available?
- Is there an overflow or rental lot available?
- Is public transportation easily accessible from the venue?
- Is shuttle service available?
- How many restrooms are there?
- If an outdoor venue: Is there a backup plan for rain?
- Is there a coat check available?
- Are there restrictions for the photographer in terms of flash usage?
- Is the venue child friendly? What facilities are available for entertaining children?
- Is there somewhere secure to store wedding gifts?