1 week before
- Give reception site/caterer final guest head count. Include vendors, such as the photographer or band members, who will expect a meal. Ask how many extra plates the caterer will prepare.
- Supply location manager with a list of vendor requests such as a table for DJ or setup space needed for a florist.
- Plan reception seating chart.
- Print place and table cards, or finalize list with the calligrapher you’ve hired.
- Call all wedding vendors and confirm arrangements.
- Give ceremony and reception site managers a schedule of vendor delivery and setup times, plus contact numbers.
- Groom: Get your hair trimmed.
- Attend bachelor/ette parties.
2–3 days before
- Bride: If you need to, have your gown pressed or steamed.
- Groom: Go for final fitting and pick up your formalwear.
- Groom: Ask the best man to make sure all groomsmen attend fittings and pick up their outfits.
- Determine wedding party positions during the ceremony and the order of the party in the processional and recessional.
- Hand off place cards, table cards, menus, disposable cameras, favors and any other items for setting the tables to the caterer and/or reception site manager.
- Reconfirm final details with all vendors. Discuss any necessary last-minute substitutions.
- Call the limousine or car rental company for pickup times and locations.
- Arrange for guests without cars to be picked up from the airport or train station. Ask friends, attendants or relatives to help.
- Deliver welcome baskets to the hotel concierge; include names and delivery instructions.