1 month before
- Apply for a marriage license. Check with the local bureau in the town where you’ll wed.
- Bride: Have final gown fitting. Bring your maid of honor along to learn how to bustle your dress. Have the dress pressed and bring it home.
- Call all bridesmaids. Make sure they have their gowns ready for the wedding.
- Make last-minute adjustments with vendors.
- Create a wedding program to hand out to guests.
- Order and plan in-room welcome baskets for out-of-town guests.
2 weeks before
- Review final RSVP list and call any guests who have not yet sent a response.
- Deliver must-have shot lists to your photographer and videographer. Include who should be in formal portraits and determine when portraits will be taken.
- Deliver final song list to your DJ or bandleader. Include special song requests and songs you don’t want played.
- Bride: Get your last prewedding haircut and color.