3 months before
- Order wedding cake.
- Hire a calligrapher, if you want your invitations professionally addressed.
- Attend your shower. (It may be earlier, depending on when your hosts decide to have it.)
- Groom: Rent the men’s formalwear.
- Hire wedding day transport: limousines, other cars. Look into transportation sooner if you’re considering renting streetcars or over-the-top travel.
2 months before
- Mail your invitations.
- Write your vows.
- Purchase gifts for parents, attendants and each other.
- Book your stylist and try out wedding day hairstyles.
- Book a makeup artist and go for a trial run.