6–8 months before
- Book ceremony musicians.
- Order bridesmaid dresses.
- Start planning honeymoon.
- Send save-the-date cards. This is a particularly good idea if you’re marrying during a tourist or holiday season or having a destination wedding.
4–6 months before
- Attend prewedding counseling, if required.
- Shop for and order invitations and wedding rings.
- Shop for formalwear.
- Renew or get passports, if necessary.
- Envision your wedding cake and research, interview and book a cake designer.